IRCA Certified QMS Lead Auditor (ISO 9001)
This five day auditor course is available publicly or can be delivered privately in-house on your organisation’s premises.
Designed for those with an excellent knowledge of the requirements and application of the ISO 9001:2015 International Standard for Quality Management Systems, this course provides a very thorough grounding in the disciplines required by competent and progressive quality auditors; particularly those who will conduct supplier audits (i.e. 2nd party) and/or certification audits (3rd party).
The Scottish Quality Management Centre (SQMC) was Scotland’s first training organisation to offer this international qualification, back in 1992. SQMC are accredited by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), and are an ‘Approved Training Partner’ of the Chartered Quality Institute. As such, participants who successfully complete the continuous assessment exercises and 2 hour examination at the end of this IRCA certified course are awarded an auditing qualification that is considered the ‘gold standard’ throughout the world.
SQMC’s pass rate for this course is significantly higher than the most recently published worldwide average (source: IRCA)
At A Glance
- How the International Standard for auditing, ISO 19011:2011, applies when preparing and performing an external Quality Audit; including the best use of audit checklists.
- Documentation and interpretation
- Preparing the findings and the statements required for a Non-Conformance Report
- Establishing the specific duties required of an auditor / lead auditor.
- The important role of the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) in the certification of an ISO 9001-based Quality Management System
Who should attend
Employees earmarked to conduct audits of an organisation’s contractor or supplier; or private consultants undertaking similar roles on behalf of a client. This qualification is also required by certain government-approved certification bodies, for auditor applying to work for them.
Attendance on the QMS Awareness Training course is a prerequisite to develop the required level of understanding of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard to participate fully on this advanced course, and to stand the best chance of passing your formal examination. Moreover, it is recommended that Internal QMS Auditor training is taken to bridge the knowledge gap, and facilitate a smoother, more intuitive learning process.