The Wise Group
The Wise Group
Recognised for Excellence 5 star
The Wise Group has been transforming lives through social enterprise in Scotland and the north east of England since 1983. We make a positive difference to people, communities and society by helping customers gain new skills and employment, reducing re-offending, regenerating communities and tackling fuel poverty. We have a clear understanding of the type of support our customers need and have a proven track record of providing both innovative and high quality services. The Wise Group delivers results by working closely with stakeholders which include Government, local authorities, other Social Enterprises and private businesses.
We choose the tools and standards we work with based on their added value. EFQM was selected as our primary framework because it is holistic, flexible and focused on improvement.
We used EFQM in conjunction with other tools to achieve cultural change and deliver better results for people and communities.
On our continuing journey to excellence we have achieved recognition at three levels:
- Committed to Excellence (2009)
- Recognised for Excellence 3 star (2012)
- Recognised for Excellence 5 star (2015)
We believe this approach, under the umbrella of EFQM enabled us to manage change effectively and deliver excellent results.
“I have seen how EFQM has benefitted the Wise Group, our staff and customers. It has also been of huge benefit to my own personal and leadership development”.
Kerry Antoniak, Governance Manager and EFQM Lead
- Achievement of a constructive culture
- Demonstrable impact of leadership development on organisational effectiveness - verified by staff perception results
- Improved financial results
- Improved customer satisfaction
Hints & Tips
- Use EFQM in a way that suits your organisation and culture. There are many different examples of what has worked in various organisations. Speak to them and to Quality Scotland to plan and implement an approach that works for your organisation. Our approach varied quite drastically between our 2011 and 2014 submissions because of the progression of our culture.
- Make use of the support from Quality Scotland – we received excellent advice from our Account Director Fiona Liddle and some of the practical hints and tips in Excellence Now. The submission writer’s workshop is also an excellent opportunity for those preparing for R4E.
- Relax – it’s not an audit! The assessment team are second to none. They really made the assessment a positive experience for all out staff.