This practical workshop will prepare you to understand the theory of facilitation and allow you to practice facilitation in a safe group setting. Delegates will understand the requirements of effective facilitation, key facilitation skills and how to practice these skills. Delegates will gain experience of a variety of facilitator’s tools and creative techniques, as well as practical exercises for dealing with challenging behaviours.
There will be plenty of opportunities during this workshop to practise creative techniques in the exercises and break-out groups that have been designed to give you a safe place to practise.
To ensure participants:
- Understand the requirements of effective facilitation
- Understand key facilitation skills and practise these skills
In-house options also available- please contact us for details and prices.
At A Glance
- What is facilitation and why is it important?
- Characteristics of good facilitators
- Individual behaviour types and how to deal with them (including conflict)
- Creative facilitation techniques
- Planning for successful outcomes
- Practical application of techniques (including use of case studies)
- Facilitating with confidence
Who should attend
This workshop is a suitable introduction and practical exercise for people who have limited experience of facilitation, and who:
Want to develop their facilitation skills so that they can prepare themselves for a known facilitation task facing them currently, or
- Want to understand more about facilitation so that they can work out their own next steps in terms of personal and professional development
- This workshop is also helpful to those who have some previous experience of facilitation but need a refresher.