Organisations are awash with numbers. Metrics are produced and displayed on Balanced Scorecards. Decisions are made and actions assigned. But how much of this is based on a clear understanding of what the numbers are telling us?
Unfortunately, the abuse of data, metrics and reporting (Data Quackery) is far too common in all types of organisation. This workshop will expose these common malpractices, in a light-hearted way, and suggest better means of using data. It is highly interactive and will employ lots of examples to change the way you think about data.
At A Glance
- Recognise Data Quackery (in all its various forms)
- Realise the negative impact Data Quackery can have on individuals and organisations
- Refresh the principles of simple data analysis
- Reduce down to the only 4 simple data tools that you will ever need
Who should attend
Suitable if you;
- collect, analyse and report metrics
- want to understand both the dark side of metrics and the benefits of good measurement systems
“He teaches something that could be very complicated and difficult to grasp in such a way that everyone in the room can understand and enjoy it.”