Facilitation Skills Training
Facilitate high performing groups for better outcomes
Are your team or group meetings as productive as they could be? Do you get bogged down and find it hard to make progress to action?
In this course you will learn about group dynamics and the skills involved in engaging individuals within the group to maximise the contributions of all, while gaining consensus for action. These skills are invaluable in addressing bottlenecks, speeding up decision-making, achieving better results and managing change effectively.
You and your team will become more familiar with what makes a successful facilitator, so that you can better prepare yourself in order to achieve the stated aim of the group or the team leader. You will learn the differences between team leader and facilitator, and what separates consensus from compromise. You will learn about the different personality types that you may encounter in a facilitation situation, and how best to deal with each one.
There will be plenty of opportunity during this course to practice facilitation in mini exercises and break out groups that have been designed to give you a place to practice.
At A Glance
- Learn about the definition and theory of facilitation towards a given outcome or aim
- Understand the different personality types that you might encounter, and how to optimise the output from each one
- Practice in a safe environment how to facilitate a group towards a given outcome or aim
- Learn how to prepare yourself for a successful facilitation
Who should attend
This workshop is a suitable introduction and practical exercise for people who have no or limited experience of facilitation, and who:
- Want to develop their facilitation skills so that they can prepare themselves for a known facilitation task facing them currently, or
- Want to understand more about facilitation so that they can work out their own next steps in terms of personal and professional development
- This workshop is also helpful to those who have some previous experience of facilitation but feel rusty and need a refresher.
To book a place on a training course please see our Calendar for dates.
The course can also be run in your own organisation to save costs if you have a number of people requiring training.