EFQM Assessor Training
Booking for this event has now closed. Please contact us for further information.
Your passport to becoming an EFQM Assessor, this course is the only official EFQM Assessor Training available in Scotland.
This new 2-day course provides you with theoretical and practical in-depth experience of assessing an organisation with the EFQM Excellence Model; it uses a case study close to a real submission document to simulate real-life assessing conditions for the group exercises.
Day 1 focuses on understanding the EFQM Excellence Model, its components and assessment tools, with challenging team work sessions to put this knowledge into practice and maximise learning.
Day 2 focuses on practice, particularly understanding the organisation’s context, site visit planning and interviewing, RADAR © scoring and preparing and presenting feedback.
This course is an important step on the learning curve of becoming an expert EFQM Assessor and a pre-requisite to attending the Qualified Assessor Training.
have relevant business experience and attend a Basic Assessor Training Workshop (or demonstrate confirmed understanding of the EFQM Model) before attending EFQM Assessor Training.
- in advance of the course, familarise yourself with the case study to understand the organisation and its environment, and complete and return pre-course work; the pre-course work takes approximately 10-15 hours and will be sent to you six weeks before the course start date.
- complete a short homework assignment on the evening of Day 1; this will take no more than 1 hour to complete and is explained by the trainer on the course.
This is a pass/fail course. Throughout the 2 days your performance will be evaluated by the trainer based on an Assessor Competency Framework, taking account of your teamwork contributions, evaluation of information, feedback and written exercises; this is so that you can further develop your strengths and work on your areas for improvement.
Passing the course will demonstrate to colleagues and peers that you have acquired the skills and knowledge to assess an organisation as part of a high performing assessment team; it will enable you to perform self-assessment, internal assessment and peer assessment, allowing you to build real experience.
Another way to put your training into practice is by taking part in a Recognised for Excellence assessment, where you will be part of an Assessment Team made up of Assessors from various organisations across Scotland. It is an excellent opportunity to develop professionally and discover best practice you can bring back to your own organisation.
In-house option also available - please contact us for details and prices.
At A Glance
- Understand the approaches to internal and external assessment
- Apply the concepts and details of the EFQM Model and RADAR © tools to produce value- adding performance analysis
- Work together with others in an assessment team environment, gaining an opportunity to learn with and from delegates with a range of backgrounds and experiences
- Benefit from a maximum delegate-to-trainer ratio of 8:1. Throughout the course your performance will be evaluated against an Assessor Competency Model by EFQM accredited and experienced trainers
Who should attend
Suitable if you:
- wish to develop essential assessor skills and to perform self-assessment, internal assessment and external peer assessment of other organisations, and
- have relevant business experience and have attended the Basic Assessor Training Workshop, and wish to become an EFQM Assessor.