Understanding the Balanced Scorecard Approach
The course has been designed as a basic introduction for delegates who are new to the Balanced Scorecard approach and want to learn how it can improve organisational performance.
The Balanced Scorecard has been used effectively by organisations around the world, from commercial multinationals and SMEs to those in the public and third sectors. This course outlines the latest thinking that will help you to develop strategy, sharpen focus, align activity with results and deliver value for your customers and your organisation.
It highlights the value of using a Balanced Scorecard and discusses the relationship between this and other models and frameworks. You’ll learn the key steps needed to develop a Balanced Scorecard that takes account of your organisational context. The day is based on presentations, discussions and activities and there will be opportunity to explore concepts and practise key skills.
It is useful for the facilitator to gain an understanding of your organisation, section or team beforehand. This helps to ensure that presentations reflect your specific circumstances.
At A Glance
- Learn how the Balanced Scorecard can improve organisational performance.
- Understand how the approach fits with other improvement models and initiatives.
- Take a fresh look at strategy and improve outcome and activity statements.
- Learn how to develop meaningful performance indicators and targets.
- Examine organisational challenges and identify how to create positive impact.
- Start to build your own Balanced Scorecard.
Who should attend
“The Balanced Scorecard training course was really good. I enjoyed it and it was well structured. I was able to understand everything well, and I’m sure I will be able to put some of the things I learned into practice.”
“Development and strategy of building a Balanced Scorecard was explained, with all course material clear and precise. The course flowed at a steady pace.”