Committed to Excellence
The Committed to Excellence awards structure and process was the perfect way to demonstrate to people with autism, their families and friends, Scottish Autism service staff, commissioners of services and other partnership organisations that areas for improvements were being identified using a robust self-evaluation methodology. It also helped us to focus and drive forward action plans that would produce positive outcomes and begin the continuous improvement journey.
- Helped people to understand why continuous improvement is necessary
- Helped people link improvements to enhance knowledge sharing, improve communications and improve best practice
- Helped people develop performance management systems and processes
- Helped people to actively get involved in improvement planning and learn from a credible robust process to achieve objectives
- Helped embed PSIF into the organisation where people could see the results
Hints & Tips
Do your homework first and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Keep communications open and consistent. And most of all share knowledge with other organisations – The Richmond Fellowship were a huge help to us.